Sunday, June 12, 2011

Soon Lee Bakuteh


Sorry for the long absence, I had been away, for my annual trip abroad to Bali, of course, the review and itinerary will be coming up soon. So, once back, one of the first few things to do is to update the blog.


Of course, we still would stick to the food close at home. It was sti
ll nice to come out with colleagues on a saturday morning to enjoy early brunch. But bakuteh for brunch? Wouldnt it be too heavy. In addition to that, I was still trying to shed the weight I gained in Bali. Then again, was finishing the book Teohlogy, by Patrick Teoh, who always quote in " we always have better bakuteh than Singapore"

So, SoonLee, here we come. Situated in Pasir Pinji, near the main road, beside one of the school, the place is flocked with people in the morning. Eating bakuteh in morning is not unusual for me, since I stayed in Klang/ Banting, so eating bakuteh as breakfast is a norm.


The corner shop is usual, minimal in deco, the staff running up and down to complete everyones order. The main girl in the counter was coordinating the new patrons using mic. Very pro! Felt like KL already.


The menu, bakuteh of course, the usual traditional ones, and the dry version. Plus vinegar pork hand is on the list as well. First the bakuteh is normal, full of herbs taste, not too salty. However, it was still rather light for me. Still simpler than the ones you would find in Pandarmaran, Klang though which is fill with sotong and other stuff. The vinegar pork was nice though, still I prefer it to be more vinegar. The pork hand was nicely done, though my wife would scold me for the cholesterol level. It all comes to bout RM 10 per person, considering all the food we ate, plus the chakui, it was really worth it.

ratings: 3 poink!
comments: definitely one of the better ones, though still cant beat the ones in Klang town.

Soon Lee Bakuteh
1, Jalan Temenggong, Rose Garden,
Ipoh
phone: 05-2416718

No comments:

Post a Comment