Friday, November 18, 2011

Dubliners Cafe: nice halal outing

Wehad actually passed by this shop many times. Those who knows me well will know that the main reason I always give this place a pass is I always go for
pork chop. But since today, I felt like giving the oink a rest, wife and me decided to pay this joint a visit.




Dubliners cafe, situated in Greentown business square, within stone throw distance from YeOlde English. Look for the old Oldtown Kopitiam site, opposite an empty space now used as car park, it is in the middle of the row of shops. The restaurant is there for quite some time, which is a good sign, considering across the road, there are restaurant which kept changing names.

This restaurant had all the deco as a contemporary cafe, hinting western food served. The interior is rather comfortable. Service is good, with a few young Malay chaps running the whole show. The joint is open for both lunch and dinner.

Food: you guess it. Halal western food. The range is rather good and diversify, from the usual chicken chop to chicken kiev; from pasta to fried rice. There is even a tinge of thai with somtam. There are pies and lasagna as well. First is my selectoin of Dubliners chicken chop (RM10.80). I thought dish with the restaurant name will sort of be the chef's recommendation. The chicken was not too huge, grilled with "special" sauce which is based on black pepper sauce. There are few pieces of vege on top, which is a nice idea. However, the taste, although being special sauce, is not so special to me, it just taste like black pepper sauce though not as strong. It was bit on the bland side as well. Lasagna (RM10.50) was ok to me though. I would expect it to be more cheesy, but for those who is not crazy about the yellow milk product, I guess the amount was just nice. The meat inside was nicely done. I had to admit that I have not tried many lasagna before, but I certainly taste better.

I would never say the food here is not good, in fact, it is up to par and better than most psedo-western kopitiam style western food. But I had higher expectation here, and the taste came back bit bland.

ratings: 3 poink!
comments: food here is actually alrite, average, but above all, it is halal, so it is accessible to everyone.

Dubliners Cafe
7, Persiaran Greentown 8
Greentown Business Centre
Ipoh
016-6283470

No comments:

Post a Comment