Saturday, October 7, 2017

Little Chair: Something different

It had been ages since I last blog about food. Although I had tried nearly all the shops in my new workplace, there was lack of variety with nearly similar menu everywhere. Whenever I return to Kampar or Ipoh, I am too tired to eat out or even if I do eat out, I am too lazy to try new place.

Then, there was mid autumn. Since I am bringing my parents out, I need to find a decent place, with better food, comfortable, and easy for my dad who need a walking frame. When Little Chair is in Tin Village (the small complex which housed Econsave), it is less convenient. But now they had relocated to the row of shops near MH Unilodge. Going along the main road, along the same row as Bank Rakyat, it will be easy to spot the white bill board.

The setup is definitely less posh than it used to be. Currently it felt like a simple Chinese restaurant but it does not mean it is less comfortable. With ample car park and spacious seating, dining here is rather enjoyable. Service is attentive and at least the waitress know the dishes. Comes the menu. It is a mixture of mainly Chinese, with Vietnamese noodle and some Indonesian rice dish. To be fair, I had not try the real dishes from their respective countries so I would not know how authentic they were. But at least I enjoyed my pick for the night.

Pho Ga or vietnamese chicken noodle (RM7 for set with herbal drink) is rather localized. The broth felt very similar to any chinese chicken noodle stall but with a tinge of different herbs or spice. The noodle itself is nothing to shout about though. My nasi uduk is supposed to be Indonesian rice cooked with santan. The whole dish felt like nasi lemak with different accompanying accompanying curry. The cumi cabe ijo, curry sotong, (RM9 for set) surprisingly taste spicy without being too hot. The spicy sotong goes well with the sambal served with a tinge of citrus taste. Dad's nasi uduk with curry chicken (RM9 with set) taste equally as good. Although I expected local version of curry with lots of gravy, it turned out to be rendang ayam instead.



It was a good dinner, with both parents enjoy their food. Of course, comparing to simple stall, it might be slightly pricey, but it is way more reasoble than some hyped up restaurant. With the quality of food, I would definitely come again to sample other selections.

ratings: 3 half poink~!
comments: a good breakaway from the usual chinese/ malay/ indian offering locally. Least we can find some vietnamese/ indonesian selection in Kampar.

Restoran Little Chair
No. 2, Jalan Siswa 2,
Taman Kampar Siswa






No comments:

Post a Comment