Saturday, July 17, 2010

Clash of Titans: clash of the opinions



finally found the time to watch a remake of a classic. Clash of Titans. I can still remember the scene of a really fake giant in the ori. (I am not that old, just that it was shown in TV3 when I was a kid).

story of how the horny Greek gods came n produce children. And one of the kid turn rebellious and go against his daddy. The uncle who was bored to death in hell decide to take this chance to unleashed his humongous pet monster. Kid with the help of daddy defeat the pair and saves the day.



Different people say different things. It does have the elements of any summer big budget blockbuster film.
story: cant go wrong with Greek mythology.
leads: muscle filled actor (with skirt) and pretty actress.
effect: CGI monster
script: cheesy lines.

So what went wrong? I dont know. recycle story? incestuous element? (come on, the lead lady watched the boy grow up then ending up with him? ), the fake CGI scorpion? the cheesy dialog? Dont get me wrong. It is not as bad as most people say it is. Not worth the ticket price but do make a decent weekend movie at home.

ratings: 2 half poinks
comments: my wife will laugh at me, but i still prefer percy jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment