Sunday, July 18, 2010

Michelangelo's Pizzaria: Ipoh not so new pizza place

nowadays there seems to be an influx of angmo doing eatery business in Ipoh. Not so new to join the bandwagon is Michelangelo's pizzaria. situated in medan baru ipoh, near jusco, tesco, the shop is always full. finally, after so long, we paid a visit to this lovely place.


first, the shop itself is nicely deco. it is down to earth, with a full view of the oven. and u can c the cooking process all along. the staff? nice bunch of people. and they seems to be enjoying themselves, which make the whole dinner pleasant.

the most important aspect.. the food it self is great. way better than pizza hut. more authentic. taste better. and u can combine 2 flavours into one pizza. they even served it on top of a big tomato sauce can. innovative way to save some table space. the pizza was great. we had a combo of bacon and eggs with italian sausage. the only drawback was the sausage was bit on the rubbery side. not something that my dad could chew on.

price is rather reasonable. the owner even find time to go around the tables to make sure everyone is happy. sweet personal touch. all in all, it was a pleasant dinner in the pizzaria, and we definitely want to be back.

ratings: 4 half poinks
comments: portion is rather big, so do come at least in 3 or 4. (this coming from me, which most people consider me as big eater), and come early.



8/11/2010: people had said that since the angmo owner of this pizzaria left, taste had been deteriorating, I seemed to agreed a bit. though the pizza still remain better than wat other pizza joint had to offer. the crust on our last visit was burnt at times, but the topping remained good. our blue cheese pizza was bit less eccentric compare to the first time i had it. The Hog was definitely my favourite in view of the amount of pork inside it, but it was bit on the salty side. overall, this still remained the best pizza joint in ipoh.

2 comments:

  1. Hi saw your comment, I never left the place and I still own it as the day I opened the place up. We still make everything exactly the same way we did the day we opened, Seriously nothing, not one ingredient, nor recipe has changed at all and we still use the same providers as we did when we opened. Come on in and give us a try again. My name is Michael and my wife and I own the place and over see everything that goes on in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you are still around, Michael. I do come in whenever I crave for pizza (instead of some fast food pizza chain), and I still think you guys make the best pizza in Ipoh. And guess what? I still love the Hog after all these years. Keep up the good work guys!

    ReplyDelete