Thursday, June 28, 2012

Citrus Wine & Dine: affordable fine dining

This will be a short post. It was a spontaneous decision to come to Citrus for lunch, and I was writing this post weeks after that. So, most of these ramblings is by memories. Of course, the photo shots won't do the dishes much justice either. (I really need to change my phone, can't be carrying my Canon everywhere)

Not sure where is Citrus Wine and Dine? Gosh....this place is rather famous locally for good western cuisine, nearest to a fine dining for a Chinaman. Located in between Ipoh Garden and Bandar Baru Tambun (assuming one come from town), just look for the main road in between Aeon (JJ) and Tesco and just go straight. The joint should be on your right before hitting Tambun. Just look for the orange Citrus sign.

Deco is minimalist, comfortable. Service is nice and prompt. It did not change throughout the years. I still recalled the first time I came to this place was 6 years ago and it still remain as clean. Open for lunch and dinner, the place usually is occupied though finding a seat is usually not a problem.

Food...just expect the usual western dishes and you will get the idea. Expect to fork out RM20+ for a main dish and you would get the idea. How is the taste? Good. Portion enough to satisfy me now (probably not when I was younger when I could gobble down a chicken in a meal). You would not disappoint but probably you would have tasted better somewhere else. For our set lunch (RM 19.50+), we had a choice of pasta and dori fish. Usual good taste. The dessert is rather nice though, a good ending to the meal.

Ratings: 3 half poink! (minus poink for the fact that I am still a stingy Chinaman; I would prefer Hot Jack over this)
comments: nearest you can get to fine dining and good western (with some local twist) with a decent price

Citrus Wine & Dine
No 38-46, Laluan Ipoh Perdana
Ipoh, Perak
05-5451010







No comments:

Post a Comment