Monday, June 11, 2012

TAKEYAMA: affordable, yet do not disappoint

menu
Seriously, I do not know how to differentiate a delicious Japanese dish. I just know that whether I find them good or not. However, I do know that most of them burn a hole in my pocket and that include the fast food style sushi-king. Then again, once in a while, we do like to indulge and keep ourselves happy.


Takeyama Japanese Cuisine is located behind Tesco next to Jusco/ Aeon Ipoh Garden. There is so many restaurant, just look for a row of typical chinese stalls, and this is on the opposite row. Open both for lunch, and my guess dinner. The place is not crowded for lunch, and the way the tables are set, it is still comfortable even full house. Service is rather friendly, since colleague of mine frequent this joint a lot.
nice lunch!

chicken + beef in same bento


The food, the food. How good it is. The menu is all Japanese, more on bentos, sushi and sashimi. There is also the usual udon, rice dish and even japanese curry. Not much of teppanyanki stuff though. Price range is broad, but definitely affordable. Bento set start below RM10 and range to RM20+ depending on what one order. Can't comment much on others, but I ordered the friend chicken and beef set. It tasted quite good, though not out of this world. Did not make me crave for more, but enough to let me say that it was a good lunch. Took a bite from friend's sashimi and it is fresh enough. The tempura looks good too.
nice tempura
nice sashimi
Overall, it is rather good dining experience. Good food. Not crowded, my kind of place. Worth a try.

Ratings: 3 half poink!
comments: add poink for the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment