Monday, August 13, 2012

Sin HupKee: decent Chinese fare

the crowd on a weekday
This will be a fast review. Why? Although so many people and bloggers have good words on this place, I was bit on the ambivalent side. Do not be confused though, the food is actually rather nice and decent.

Ask around, in Jln Leong Sin Nam, on the side road from Central coffee shop, you would find Sin Hup Kee in the middle of the shop lots. It used to be a single shop lot, but since business is booming, now they actually expanded into the next shop lot. The crowd would tell you the food would not disappoint. Even on a weekday, the place is so crowded.


3 yolk steamed egg
salted fish with "falam"
On the menu is the normal chinese dish, so there is basically no menu at all. The price is rather on the economical side, so prepare to spend bout RM10 per person depending on what one order.

kangkong
The dish do come super fast, so for one so hungry as me, this is joy to my tummy. Now lets see... the 3 yolk steamed egg is smooth, one of the better ones. Recommended by some of the blogger and yes, I do agree to their taste buds as well. Next, the salted fish in a pot with "falam"....now, that is my favourite dish anywhere, and I felt they had not done the dish justice. The falam lacks the fat, making the whole dish rather dry. The kangkong is, well, rarely people would spoil the dish, so they do not disappoint in this area. The marmite pork ribs is rather tasty, though I prefer my ribs to have bit of fat. Hey, I just realize they are trying to be healthy, but hey,  if I want healthy, I would just cook at home.

marmite pork ribs
I can understand why some people would have high regards of this place. The food is decent, service is fast, the place is clean. However, some of the dishes is good, some are fair, some lacks the ummph. Do come and try, you may disagree with me.

ratings: 3 poink! (extra poink for being super fast)
comments: still cant dethrone Sun Mapoh which is as fast, and the food is consistently good, though the place felt rather old.


Sin Hup Kee,
Jalan Leong Sin Nam, Ipoh





No comments:

Post a Comment