Sunday, October 14, 2012

KL Cili Pan Mee: exciting lunch experience

look out for the billboard
It had been a while since I took lunch in Greentown area. Since it is really out of the way on a normal working day; since I was around last week for a mini conference in Hospital Ipoh, took the chance to meet up with a few old friends for a nice lunch in the area.

KL Cili Pan Mee, or its chinese name "la-yi-la" literally means HOT as in spicy hot. Situated in Greentown business centre, it is along the same row as Ye Olde English. Not sure whether it opens the whole day, but my guess is it should be available for dinner as well. Deco is simple for a chinese restaurant, service and cleanliness is all up to par. No complain in that department.



cafe style environment
open air kitchen
The star of the whole shop definitely is the pan mee. There are many varieties, but the main chef recommended is the spicy hot pan mee. Warned by my friend that it could be too hot, but I took up the challenge and happy to report that, it was still within my spicy limit. RM4 for a small bowl (or RM4.50 with additional egg) is a slightly expensive for a bowl of pan mee but given the shop or cafe environment, one would expect to pay that amount. The noodle itself is not bad, although clearly not the best of the lot. Felt that it still lack the consistency but for what it lack in noodle, it make up in taste. Taste: good. For some, it may be really too hot, but I just love spicy so it strike a right cord with me.

spicy panmee
spicy panmee up close
Cant comment on the rest of the menu though, my guess is the noodle would be the same. Judging from the spicy pan mee, it should be as good. Nice lunch.

ratings: 3 poink!
comments: spicy, spicy. I just love spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment