Thursday, October 18, 2012

Taste Good: fried mee cafe style!




I had blog about Taste Good in Kampar a while ago. My recollection of the place and food was fairly good. That was until my friend told me to try the original Taste Good in Ipoh. " the main one is way better". So, my journey for the supposedly famous Buntong fried mee began.


Taste Good is a series of 3 restaurant at the time of writing. The 2nd branch is in Kampar which I blog earlier. The newest one is in Ipoh town. And my destination is the one and only, original Taste Good restaurant. Situated in town, opposite Tower Regency hotel, the same row as Pakeeza, smack at the corner.

Entering the restaurant, one have the familiar deja-vu sense that this is another kopitiam or cafe. Colourful deco. Staff with uniform. Electronic ordering system. Very spacious table. Air conditioned space. It is really spacious, even more than Old Town. Staff is rather courteous, polite, always eager to serve. All this made the eating experience here enjoyable. My guess that this is open at lunch as well, although my experience here was dinner.



fried beehoon + kueitiao
fried mee + beehoon
chef recommended "wa-dan-ho"
The menu is the same in all 3 restaurant. Imagine eating the road side chinese fried mee. Yup, that is "da-chao" for you. The usual fried mee, meehoon and kueitiao. On top of the list would be the chef recommended "wat-dan-ho" or Cantonese style kueitiao (RM 8.50). It is so unique that it is served in a bowl. The taste is of a better wat-dan-ho with lots, lots of gravy. So much that it felt eating kueitiao soup. I enjoyed that, though not many will agree with me. However, at the end of the meal, even I feel so full. The fried beehoon, kueitiao and mee all would share the similar taste (RM7.90). It is of the wet style of frying, and the taste is rather good, though it is too oily for some. There is also some simple pseudo-western dish such as chops, and rice available but for that, one probably would choose other place.

Overall, the price is a bit expensive for something that you would eat at roadside, but considering the whole experience and taste, it is worth it.

ratings: 3 poink!
comments: imagine going to those kopitiam or cafe, but instead of coffee and bread, I came here to enjoy a authentic chinese fried noodle.

Taste Good HQ
23, Jalan Dato Seri Ahmad Said, Greentown, 30450, Ipoh.
05-2532211

No comments:

Post a Comment