Sunday, March 17, 2013

La Vita coffee: unexpected place for fine dining




This will be a short one. The restaurant is not open for a very long time, the menu is still new. And hopefully they will make some adjustment to the whole pricing. La vita, situated at the corner on a row of shop in Bercham, is a new addition to the choice of food in the area. Look for the row of shops with banks, perpendicular to the main road, this is just next to a former vegetarian shop. 
The menu is true to fine dining. Since the menu is still new, I will concentrate to what is there. I chose the signature breakfast (RM25.90) over breakfast set (RM18.90) or light breakfast (RM13.90). Well, you get the idea. The food is good. However, I am still scratching over my head that would I pay for it a second time.  And given that I am eating in Bercham, would I prefer to eat in a simple stall that would cost a fraction of the price? The logic is the food has to be really good to stand in this location and have people travelling here for the western cuisine rather than the usual fried noodle or roasted pork. The foot long sausage taste good but frankly, is not the best I tasted. I would prefer a good German sausage anytime. The toast is what I would expect, toasted well with bit on the crispy side. The scramble egg is cooked with a tinge of herbs but still taste conventional. Baked beans is ... well, beans. The beef salami is only a thin slice but then again, I am not a fan of salami anyway.

Being a new place, the food is cook real slow. So expect to spend a long while here if coming in a group. However, the place is comfortable so I would not spend the whole Friday lunch here. The only thing that still bugged me until the end of this review is still the price. Then again, I am a real China-man. 

ratings: 2 half poink!
comments: anyone who knows me would know that on I seldom pay that much for food. A friend kept on telling me that free food taste better, in the same argument, would expensive food taste lesser then? 

No comments:

Post a Comment