Monday, November 30, 2015

Penang Road Delicacies: Good sample of Penang Offerings

I was cleaning my handphone when I stumbled upon some of the photos I took of Penang outing in the mid of the year. I was meant to write on it, but somehow it escape my mind, until now. Though in my last trip there I manage to go around Georgetown to taste the offering there, it was in Penang Road when Colleen and I really have the time to savor the famous Penang delicacies.



I havent been to Penang for such a long time, but I could still remember the nice food there. Gone are the days where one need to travel to certain places for certain dish, the whole state is filled with eateries, stalls, restaurant that it is impossible to try everything. The first thing we tried is sit in Joo Hoi cafe and try some of Penang famous laksa there. To be fair, it is very aromatic with fish taste. The prawn paste certainly elevated the bowl of noodles to another level. However, this did not differ much from any good laksa in other place. I could recall I used to like the laksa in Air Itam; I was wondering would the laksa there would be better. The fried kueitiao, similar to the laksa, is nice, but did not stand out from the pack of good, nice charkueitiao. I guess this is the problem of globalization, we can find similar nice dish in other places. The Teochew cendol outside boast of a long queue. Yup, it is nice, the gula melaka is simply delicious. But, somehow I still prefer Donald & Lily's version in Melaka. We continue to wander around Lebuh Keng Kwee to Jalan Kuala Kangsar. Coincidentally we chanced upon a chucheongfun stall there in one of the corner shop (very sorry, forgot the name of the shop), the boss is so fluent in Cantonese that he actually impress me just by chatting. Surprisingly the chucheongfun is very very nice; with the mixed gravy,it  is the best dish we sample in Penang in that few days. I would love to try it again the next time we visit Penang.





I know many will beg to differ to say the food here is impressive. I do agree that it is good, just that I expected more. I also believe Penang has lots of more good food to offer, just that I need to try more in other place.

ratings: 3 poink~!
comments: go for the chucheongfun, Penang style, as it is not easy to find elsewhere and would not disappoint.






No comments:

Post a Comment