Monday, November 30, 2015

Yut Kee: memories of Hainan delicacies

Everytime I heard Hainan pork/ chicken chop, I would remember how my dad used to take me to this old corner Chinese coffee shop in Kampar which made one of the best fried meehoon and Hainan chops. Therefore when my friend wanted to bring me to try Hainanese food in KL, I was simply ecstatic.


I do not know how to describe the roads in KL, so I have to apologize not able to direct anyone to Yut Kee. Just google the place and I am sure Google map would provide adequate directions. My friend was describing that this place used to operate in another building and have much history. During the Saturday lunch, the place is packed full of people, that we basically have to leave our names and wait outside. Good signs, I think, since everyone is willing to wait.

Although there is so many people, their system is working well. There will be staff directing us to our seats, another to take our orders, and the orders came very fast, considering the amount of patrons they need to serve. First for us to try is the Hainanese chicken chop (RM9.50). The meat is tender, the gravy is tasty, but I felt it is rather oily. I understand that the meat need to be deep fried with batter but I had tasted less oily elsewhere. My friend recommended roti babi (RM9), which is a must for pork lover. The meat is seasoned well, and with the bread, it felt like pork sandwich with special patty. Nice and filling. The price, is very reasonable given that we are eating in KL. It would not burn a hole in my pocket at all.


I was unable to try the other dish, but I am sure there are reasons why this place is so popular. I would love to try the chops again, but I hope they would reduce the oil.

ratings: 3 poink~!
comments: prepare to wait, but the food did not disappoint.

Yut Kee Restaurant
1, Jalan Kamunting, Kuala Lumpur.



No comments:

Post a Comment