Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cabin in the woods: cheesy but it is brilliantly cheesy!


 

Help me please!!!
I would never imagine the day when I would actually pay to watch a slasher flick. And that is what the trailer hinted about. Then again, 2 main reason I would still pay: the ridiculously high rating given in numerous review site, and the movie poster. The cabin in a rubic cube style definitely give a plus point to Cabin in the Woods

The less said about this movie is better. Despite expecting a twist, it still manage to entertain. Simple story. 5 friends went for a weekend outing in the woods in a newly bought cabin. Strange things started to happen and one by one they die. Slasher flick? Not so simple. The show started with few guys in lab coat walking in a control centre discussing how the mission had failed and it is left to US and Japan to complete the task. Hmmm. No more telling about the story or I will be tempted to reveal more. 



why people always want to explore creepy basement?

Acting? Who cares even if Thor is inside the movie. The star of the whole show is how the story is written and shot. Of course the monster is the star. Me and my wife still wonder how did this movie work so well? I do agree to all the high ratings given in all reviews. It actually manage to be suspenseful, scary, AND funny in the SAME time. No, it is really funny. Dead pan humour. Even when the scene suppose to be gross. Not Hostel or Saw kind of gross but still gross.The show actually pay tribute to all horror show in the past, and did not take itself too seriously.The creepy old man. The deserted cabin. The dark cellar. And it actually works. Did I mention there's a twist some where? We manage to guess the story half way through the movie, since they kept on dropping clues. Though our initially theory that it is a reality show (think Hunger Games) is sort of wrong.
beware of werewolf

The movie started off as Scream. Big chunk of the movie felt like watching Lost series. And it ended up as Wrath of the Titans. LOL. And I actually enjoy it so much that I ran back after going to the toilet so that I do not miss anything.

ratings: 4 poink!
comments: story has so many holes, more than a Swiss cheese. But hey, I love cheese anyway! Watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment