Thursday, April 12, 2012

Nandos @ Ipoh: finally peri peri is here!

Me and wife are ardent fans of Nandos, but according to cousin, not all Nandos is the same. So, patiently we waited for the famous chicken to come to Ipoh. I just love the spicy
and
hot roasted chicken, better than the next door Kenny Rogers. However, since Station 18 Aeon had opened 3 weeks ago, the first 2 visit was truly disappointing whereby they were unable to serve us due to technical problem.



So, finally we manage to patron Nandos today for dinner. The deco, is truly nice. It gave you the impression it is a small hut or house, complete with zinc rooftop but the interior design is modern minimalist. The waiter and waitress are so welcoming, and accommodating. It nearly made me feel that the over-the-top service charge was worth it. Nearly. Still not near enough.


The chicken, is simply tender (Rm16.90 for 1/4 chicken with side dishes). Spicy in the marinate, so.... peri-peri. The extra hot peri-peri chicken is simply amazing, spicy and hot enough to challenge the taste bud yet not too hot to numb the mouth. It really reminded us of our favourite Nandos joint in Atria, PJ. Simply amazing. The side dish was average though. However, I, trying to outdo myself in my adventure, ordered something different. I ordered Cataplana (Rm25.90). It is basically Nandos chicken strip cooked with Peri-peri tasted rice, with mushroom. I am not sure the last ingredient is grape or olives, but my hunch it was olives. The first few spoonfull is nice. But the later half of the dish was bit... odd. Somehow, the peri peri sauce with rice is too sour for my liking. It actually feel weird in my tummy as well. Somehow, overdose of the sauce in rice is not a good combo. I do not mind the sourness of tomyam but this, is different.

Anyway, do come and try the peri peri chicken. It is definitely worth the price. Other dishes on the menu.... probably may not excite you as much.

ratings: 4 poink for the peri peri chicken!
comments: trivia, peri peri is acutally chili originate from Africa...I always thought it was Mexican.

Nando's Chickenland Malaysia
Nando's Jusco Ipoh
Lot G-57, Aeon Ipoh Station 18
No2, Susuran Stesen 18, Station 18
31650, Ipoh
05-3235655, fax: 05-3235657

No comments:

Post a Comment