Monday, March 23, 2015

Simple Coffee: hidden coffee get-away

I do not usually review coffee joints. Firstly, I do not fancy them. I do not believe paying so much for a cup of coffee which I enjoy for a fraction of the price in my favourite mamak stall. Secondly, I really do not know how to differentiate between good and not-so-good coffee.

But this is my rather first designer coffee experience in Kampar, so here goes. Simple Coffee is tucked beside Old Town Kopitiam in new town. From the outside the entrance is small, and it looks like just a small coffee shop. However, stepping inside, the shop extend to a bigger space with nice design and comfortable settings. Different seats design, artistic photos of coffee on the wall, and a counter fit for any barista, this place is definitely a nice place to hang out. Very comfortable indeed.

The range of coffee is abundant, not too complex to scare away a coffee amateur like me though. The usual range is good enough. The coffee tasted good, though I am not in the position to say whether the beans are flavourful enough or not. I enjoyed my cappucino (RM8.90 for a hot cup) as much as Colleen enjoyed her iced hazelnut chocolate (RM10.90). The pasta looks good, not too expensive surprisingly, though I have yet to try it. The dessert looks good as well, but sweet offerings are not my choice for a late night drink.


Overall, this place definitely surprise me the moment I step inside. Spacious, comfortable, and really nice place to hang out. However, given the price, I would still frequent my favourite mamak stall.

ratings: 3 poink~!
comment: It could be better, if they serve decaffeinated coffee for Colleen.

Simple Coffee
G-3A-2, Lot 126029,
Jalan Timah 3,
Taman Bandar Baru
www.facebook.com/SimpleCoffee



No comments:

Post a Comment