Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gunung Rapat Ramly Burger: home version of FatChoy burger





Few things some may notice on me.
1) I do not really like black pepper sauce (especially on my chicken chop). However, I really like to buy FatChoy burger from McD every year, even though its more of a gimmick to make them fatchoy instead of us.
2) I do not usually blog bout burger stall, although I had been a fan of road side burger ever since my student days. This is due to a simple reason, though most of them are good, only few are
exceptionally brilliant, and most are similar to each other.


By coincidence, we bump into this superb burger stall. Situated in Gunung Rapat Ipoh Jaya night market site, exactly in front of 7-11, is this simple burger stall manned by a young Malay chap. The stall is simple, there was not even a name on the cart, just simple Ramly burger. Yeap, there are least 3-4 burger stall along the same road, but just look for the one exactly in front of 7-11. ( the one further down the road near the specs shop is also good as well).




The burger patty is the same Ramly burger. Once grilled, the size shrunk, and the taste is good, though one can get the same taste by buying the same patty from any hypermarket. The way the patty is cooked here is not exactly the best. I had seen those who skillfully split the burger in the mid into 2 piece and grill it separately. This chap did that but rather simpler.



The bread is cooked nicely. Bit on the crispy side, so the consistency on the first bite was good. What life the burger above the rest is the sauce. Instead of the usual chilli-tomato-mayo sauce, the chap has a whole box of his own secret recipe style home made black pepper sauce. The girl in front of me even added: " bang, tambah banyak sikit balck pepper sos, OK!"... since it is much in demand, this should be good. As expected, the sauce really blend well with the whole burger. It really remind me of the McD version which comes out every year during CNY. The pepper smell is not heavy to cover the whole meat but enough for me wanting more.

Price? Rm6 for a chicken special + banjo, both "black pepper sauce tambah banyak-banyak". Good for a satisfying supper.

ratings: 3 half poink! (minus poink due to the fact much improvement can be done for the patty; and the fact I am not a fan of black pepper)
comments: gives me idea.. maybe in the future there are burger with sweet sour sauce, sweet corn sauce, white sauce....

No comments:

Post a Comment